Like-minded partnerships with people who share the logistics industry’s total commitment to on-time delivery are the best way to grow the sector in challenging times.
That’s the word from Brent Cramer, Director of TruSeal (Pty) Ltd, who says tamper-evident security seals help secure moveable goods in a way that meets time-based targets.
Although resilient, this pivotal sector that channels trade throughout South Africa and the world is currently being hit by an increasing reliance on road transport which comes with greater costs and the threat posed by criminals and the ever-present danger of protests.
“Tamper evident security seals can reduce the turnaround time in moving goods from A to B and thereby prove to be a valuable time saver in an industry that runs on efficiently managing the precious resources that are hours, minutes and seconds,” says Mr Cramer.
Mr Cramer outlined five ways the security seal industry contributes to saving those valuable minutes:
- TruSeal security seals are highly tamper evident, so quick inspection will alert if theft or tampering has occurred.
- Barcoded security seal numbers are easily scanned into a database system rather than manual recording saving time and eliminating human error.
- TruSeal security seals can be customized according to a range of colours and print options to fit client branding requirements. Barcodes can also be added for electronic capturing.
- Local printing facilities ensure TruSeal products can be customised for our unique commercial and industrial environment while also always being available to the logistics industry at short notice.
- Security seals from TruSeal create an entire accountability system. This enhances efficiency and timesaving throughout the entire process of transporting goods.
- Finally, the advantages of being able to identify theft and tampering quickly by using numbered security seals is obvious for any driver, warehouse worker or business owner who have ever had to do this under pressure.
TruSeal’s Johannesburg-based plant stocks a full range of sealing solutions for each type of trucking application, including tankers, cold storage, warehousing, delivery vehicles, tipper trucks and cash-in-transit.
The TruSeal security seal system – which incorporates PVC bags – creates collective responsibility around moveable items like cash, cargo, fast-moving consumer goods, high-value electronic products, other valuable commodities and transported goods.
The system identifies each individual in the custodial chain and creates a sense of ownership while unique numbers and identifying marks also create an audit trail that prevents theft & tampering. The TruSeal product range includes tamper-evident security seals, security bags, key wallets, pouches, security envelopes and heavy-duty bulk cash sacks.