Plastic security seals are those little things that make a big difference in the everyday lives of businesses and individuals alike, playing an integral role in numerous industries, thousands of medical facilities as well as private homes.
Plastic security seals feature largely as a form of security in a variety of industries and also in the physical process of transporting commodities and merchandise goods and cargo. This can be either ground, sea, air or intermodal. Using security seals as a tamper-evident method of protecting goods goes hand-in-hand with the implementation of proper security systems.
Here are really excellent reasons why industries from banking and logistics to private individuals and other facilities choose plastic security seals for a multitude of applications:
- Security is most certainly at the top of the list – with plastic security seals you can enjoy peace of mind as they act as a deterrent to tampering & theft.
- Theft & contamination of products can and will also be discovered instantaneously – plastic seals are designed to be tamper-evident. Intrusion attempts & tampering will show signs that are obvious and therefore will be brought to your attention right away.
- Plastic security seals can be produced as various length seals or commonly known as pull-tight seals. These plastic security seals can be used in various applications from around the neck of a bag, taught liner truck curtains, first-aid boxes or even fire extinguishers.
- Variable-length plastic security seals work in the same way as a cable tie, but have a much higher level of security as the locking mechanism is designed to be tamper-evident and can include in some cases metal inserts.
- Plastic security seals are serially numbered which gives the user the ability to implement an audit trail.
- Plastic security seals can be printed with various methods including heat foiling, laser marking or thermo transfer.
- Plastic security seals have various elements that makes each seal unique, these include seal type, colour, prefix and serial number.
It is important to bear in mind that they are certainly not a fool-proof method of securing goods regardless of which industry they are used in although they do act as a deterrent to theft & tampering.
Even the most sophisticated security seal not applied correctly and used naively won’t fullfil its purpose. Using security seals as a tamper-evident method of protecting goods goes hand-in-hand with the implementation of proper security systems.
Whether plastic security seals are used for trucks, drums, ballot boxes, road tankers, chemical transportation, bags, in hospitals, sea freight containers or to secure items in the airline industry, if it is a plastic security seal you require we will undoubtedly have the right one suited to any application for your individual needs regardless of which industry you need this for.